Calcium (Ca) Ultra Test Kit
Calcium is a major constituent of calcareous algae, skeletal material of hard corals and the skeletal needles of soft/leather corals. Calcium also fulfills many biological functions.
Quite often a too low calcium concentration retards coral and calcareous algae growth.
NSW contains 400 – 450 mg/L calcium. Which is also the value we should strive for. For a stable aquarium environment the fluctuation in calcium content should preferably not more than approx. 15 mg/L. This automatically means that the calcium test should be able to monitor comparable fluctuations.
In a healthy aquarium growth and multiplication of corals, desired calcareous algae and other organisms results in calcium depletion. Because of the importance of calcium timely corrective measures would have to be taken. For that purpose a proper calcium additive together with an accurate test kit are required.
Our calcium testis capable in resolving the calcium content in 10 mg/L steps. The color change is sharp and facilitates the detection of small but highly significant fluctuations in the calcium concentration. Salifert is the only one in offering a true accuracy and precision as claimed.
The kit can perform approx. 50 - 100 measurements.
Salifert's Coral Calcium additive is manufactured using a very special procedure. This results in a highly concentrated additive that not only makes calcium addition easy, it also avoids that the ionic balance is disturbed when used in combination with our KH + pH Buffer or any other sodium based buffer. Common additives, which contain only calcium chloride or improperly use of kalkwasser (calcium hydroxide), can upset the ionic balance resulting in aquarium water very different from NSW.
CoralVue, Inc. and Salifert hereby guarantee this product to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of:
- Six (6) months
Warranty is activated on the date of purchase.
This Standard Limited Warranty applies and is limited as follows:
- To the product only as long as it remains in the possession of the original purchaser.
- To the product that has not been subject to accident, misuse or abuse.
- To the product that has not been modified, altered, defaced, or had repairs made or attempted by other than CoralVue, Inc.
- That CoralVue be immediately notified in writing within ten (10) days of first knowledge of defect by owner or his agent.
- That CoralVue, Inc. shall be given first opportunity to make any repairs, replacements or corrections to the defective construction within a reasonable period of time.
- Under no circumstances shall CoralVue and/or the Manufacturer be liable by virtue of this warranty or otherwise for damage to any person or property whatsoever for any special, indirect, secondary or consequential damages of any nature however arising out of the use or inability to use because of the product defect.
To submit a warranty claim, please visit our CoralVue Support Portal.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.