The ClariSea fleece filter is a high efficiency water filtration system which effectively removes suspended particles such as micro algae, detritus, food, organic waste and debris from the water column. Suitable for use in marine aquariums, freshwater aquariums, fish-breeding systems and propagation systems for corals.
BRILLIANTLY CLEAR WATER
A ClariSea filter will completely replace the need for high maintenance filter socks and result in crystal clear aquarium water.
The use of a ClariSea fleece filter will ensure the highest possible filtration efficiency for optimal light penetration to enhance growth of your corals and plants.
|REDUCED ACCUMULATION OF ORGANIC WASTE
Continuously removes detritus & organic waste from the water column preventing breakdown to nitrate & phosphate in your aquarium
REDUCED LOAD ON PROTEIN SKIMMER
The ClariSea fleece filter dramatically reduces the load on your protein skimmer by removing even the smallest of particles.
Constant filtration results in reduced maintenance of pumps, wave makers and protein skimmers, plus... no more socks to clean.
NO MORE DETRITUS
A ClariSea fleece filter will noticeably reduce the accumulation of detritus in your aquarium substrate and sump.
- High volume filtration capacity
- Minimal installation footprint
- Completely replaces the need for filter socks
- Self-assembly for easy cleaning
- Multiple installation options
- Manual advance of fleece (upgradeable to automatic advance)
- Phosphate free fleece material
- Special low-odour fleece material
- Integrated fail-safe overflow
- Silencer plates for quiet operation
- Water bypass system
- Recommended flow rate: 3,000 l/h (800 US gph)
- Particle size removal: down to 20 microns
- Maximum submerged water depth: 20cm (8”)
- Hang-on bracket height adjustment: up to 12cm (4”)
- Maximum sump glass thickness for hang on bracket: 13mm (1/2")
- Recommended aquarium size at 5 x tank turn over (3000l/hr) = 600lt
- Recommended aquarium size at 4 x tank turn over (3000l/hr) = 750lt
- Inlet connection: 32mm ( 1" fitting for the U.S ) Click Here for pipe sizing information.
- Filter fleece: 10cm (4”) width – length 40m (131ft)
Mounting & Installation Options
The Gen2 ClariSea is very flexible and easy to position within your sump:
- You can hang it on the back, front or sides of the most sumps.
- You can freestand it on the base of a shallow sump with a water level below 200mm.
- you can freestand it on a box or shelf in deeper sumps.
- You can feed it from the front or from the back.
- You can feed water from the top, side or at an angle.
- You can even pump feed it.
ClariSea Gen 2 has been voted as one of Reefbuilders top 10 products of 2018. Read the review here.
Smart Controller Functions
Buttons & Functions
• Manually advances fleece motor
Press alarm button for 1 - 2 seconds this will turn off the audable alarm. Alarm conditions will still be present.
- Red LED still flashing
- Automatic advance of fleece disabled.
- Motor button will still function as manual advance.
Pressing the alarm button for > 5 seconds:-
Full reset - completely clearing alarm state
- Disconnecting power: performs reset as above.
Initialisation (Power on or reset):
• Blue/Red LED both flash for 5 times (audible alarm will sound with each flash)
• Blue LED will remain on.
Manual or automatic, Blue LED flashes
Possible fleece empty (float not triggered within 8 hours)
• Blue/Red LED both flashing, audible alarm will sound for 1 second every 2 seconds
• Automatic advance of fleece disabled.
Possible installation error (float not triggered with 48 hours after initial set-up or reset)
• Red LED will flash at 10 second intervals (audible alarm will sound with each flash)
• Automatic advance of fleece disabled.
Installation advice, tips
Only use the 20mm bolt to attach the motor to the Clarisea as per our Quick start guide below, do not use the 30mm bolt , this is for the clean fleece. Using the 30mm long bolt to attach the motor will result in damage to the motor assembly.