API® FURAN-2 fish remedy contains two furan compounds to combat a wide variety of gram-positive & gram-negative bacterial diseases, including bacterial gill disease, open red sores (Aeromonas spp.), body slime & eye cloud, black molly disease (Flavobacterium columnaris) and fin & tail rot. For use in both freshwater and saltwater aquariums. This fish remedy will harm the biological filter. Note: This fish remedy will cause a slight discoloration of water which can be removed with activated carbon.
- Contains two furan compounds to combat a broad spectrum of bacterial diseases in 48 hours.
- Treats gill disease, mouth fungus, furunculosis, black molly disease, fin and tail rot and dropsy.
- Made available in 2 sizes to suit tanks of multiple sizes.
- Can be used in both fresh and saltwater aquariums.
- Simply remove the carbon or filter cartridge and add manufacturer's recommended amount directly to the water.
Note: This medication will harm the biological filter. This medication will cause a slight discoloration of water which can be removed with activated carbon.
Medicating an aquarium with antibiotics may suppress the biological filter. Add live bacteria such as API QUICK START to strenghten the biological filter. This medication will cause a slight discoloration of water which can be removed with activated carbon.
For each 10 gallons of water, empty one packet directly into aquarium. Repeat dose after 24 hours. Wait another 24 hours then change 25% of the aquarium water. Repeat this treatment for a second time, for a total of 4 doses. Then make a final 25% water change and add fresh activated carbon or replace filter cartridge.